Thursday 9 February 2012

Striking a balance


Tiger Woods says balancing rehab and training the key

Tiger Woods is looking to recapture the form that made him the most dominant PGA Tour player over the last 10 years.
When Tiger Woods was starting out on the PGA Tour he thought playing hurt was just part of what it took to become a successful golfer.
"I think when we are younger we feel more bullet proof, or invulnerable, because we heal so much faster," Woods said Tuesday.
The 36-year-old Woods says he now understands the difference between rehabilitating an injury properly and rushing back to competition.
On top of that he has had to learn to balance his rehab with a strict training regimen that has helped propel him to 14 major championships.
"The more we age, the more time we need to heal," Woods said.
Tiger Woods (L) with his coach Sean Foley
Woods says he continues to improve and cement the swing changes he has worked to implement with coach Sean Foley.
"I played well in Abu Dhabi," Woods said. "I am just working on the same things and hoping to keep building on what we are trying to do.
"I have made huge progress. I can do the things that Sean wants me to do with my golf swing."
Woods heads into the Pebble Beach tournament ranked 17th in the world after starting the season at No. 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment